Director, Global Technical Support
"Deliver the kind of customer experience that will ensure the loyalty of customers and help build a globally dominant brand."
Maryellen Abreu is the director of global technical support at iRobot, maker of some of the world’s most practical robots.
Maryellen is responsible for all aspects of product support for iRobot customers worldwide. This includes the strategy and management for outsourced call centers and support infrastructure. She has extensive experience deploying global CRM infrastructure, web self-service and voice recognition systems. She has a passion for using technology to measure productivity, reduce costs and deliver great customer experiences.
Maryellen has been recognized for her success at iRobot, earning multiple distinctions in the past few years, including:
- 2009 1to1 Media Customer Champion
1to1 Media highlighted Maryellen’s focus on using customer data from survey’s coupled with agent ‘conversations’ to provide iRobot with a realistic look at customer sentiment. This data helps iRobot prioritize business decisions and make changes to its products.
- 2009 Gartner and 1to1 Media CRM Excellence Award
Gartner chose iRobot for this honor due to its 25 percent increase in customer satisfaction, 30 percent reduction in phone calls and 97 percent self-service rate.
- 2008 CRM Service Awards: Elite
CRM Magazine named iRobot a winner for several reasons including an offshore contact center launched in eight weeks for half the cost, plus administering 4,000 customer surveys monthly.
- In 2010, Gartner and 1to1 Media asked Maryellen to be a judge for the prestigious CRM Excellence Awards.
Using RightNow CX, Maryellen and her team have been able to provide iRobot customers with exceptional experiences while driving bottom line results for the company, including:
- Maximizing adoption of their new technology
- Optimizing use of online communication channels
- Growing revenue from installed base
- Controlling costs
iRobot has been a leader in the robot industry for two decades. With 500 employees worldwide and nearly $300 million in revenue, iRobot offers both home cleaning robots and combat proven government and industrial robots.
Maryellen's Articles And Blogs
- Video: Social Revolution Panel
- Case Study: Maryellen and iRobot use RightNow to pioneer a new market by listening and responding to customers
- CX Blog: Self-Service in Miami