VP, Customer and Pharmacy Services
"Companies get caught up in basket size, revenue, and margin...all that is important, but none of that matters if you don't provide great service to those customers."
Ron Kelly has a rich history in the retail industry. As vice president of customer and pharmacy services at drugstore.com, Ron has more than 17 years of experience in retail and ecommerce. He joined drugstore.com in 1999 and has held senior positions in business development, customer service, pharmacy, procurement, logistics, and merchandising. Prior to joining drugstore.com, he spent seven years with Deloitte & Touche LLP, where he specialized in publicly held retail companies including Starbucks, Quality Food Centers and Fred Meyer, which was acquired by Kroger Foods.
drugstore.com maintains a large contact center in Halifax, Nova Scotia and a smaller contact center in Bellevue, Washington. Nearly 150 drugstore.com agents support between 80,000 and 100,000 customer inquiries per month. Ron has said, "Our customer experience is our brand."
With RightNow CX, Ron and his team have been able to provide customers with smart, intuitive web self-service. This enables customers to find their own answers at their convenience and reduces incoming inquiries. drugstore.com has tremendous results, including:
- 15% reduction in agent call-handle time
- 30% reduction in email volume
- 5% decrease in emails answered within 12 Hours (from 85% to 80%)
Ron’s team has also used RightNow Chat to help increase sales:
- 25% conversion of chat sessions into product orders on Beauty.com
- 10-20% larger shopping carts from chat sessions than non-chat
Ron and his team recently earned the prestigious Gartner and 1to1 Media CRM Excellence Award, specifically for innovation and bringing the advantages of the offline customer experience into the online experience. Rob also received recognition with the 2010 CRM Elite Award for their "white glove treatment" of customers through email, phone and live chat.
drugstore.com is a leading online retailer of health, beauty, vision and pharmacy products with over $400 million in annual revenue; more than 800 employees; and a portfolio of online brands, including drugstore.com™, Beauty.com™, and VisionDirect.com™.
Ron's Videos And Podcasts
Ron's Articles And Blogs
- Case Study: Ron and drugstore.com use RightNow across multiple-channels to provide superior customer support
- CX Blog: Customer experience at drugstore.com
- Internet Retailer: Beauty.com puts a new face on customer service with Twitter and live chat