Comments

• eleep
    Nisar Ahmed said:

Yep. I'm able to login with my corporate account. So thanks for linking my personal email with the corporate one.

One odd thing I noticed is that I seem to have moderator privileges there.Not sure if it's intentional but thought I should bring it up.

Glad to hear you were able to access Cloud Customer Connect, Nisar! Re: your upgraded privileges, that is very odd! Thanks for notifying us of that. We have adjusted your permissions and are checking to see if other members were impacted by this.

Best,

Erica

Jess Campbell said:

Hi Erica,

I do not see an option to set my support site search preference under account settings.

"To set your community search preference for cx.rightnow.com, go to ‘My Account’ > Account Settings on cx.rightnow.com."

Jess

Good catch, Jess. I should have clarified that that field will be rolled out with the updated Support site changes, so you won't see it until Monday. Apologies for the confusion!

Adam Green said:

Sounds like we will be able to access from search, but just incase please include link to Oracle Cloud Customer Connect. thanks

View original

Nice to see your name pop-up, Adam! smiley And great question, with this migration, the OSVC Technical Support team is rolling out some updates to this site as well, including updating links in the navigation to point to relevant sections on Cloud Customer Connect. The email that gets sent out next week will also include links to Cloud Customer Connect overall and specific Service Cloud and Field Service Cloud areas.

Thanks,
    Erica

Mark Kehoe said:

I probably started some of those discussions in 2006!

I'm neither a customer or a partner so I guess it's sayonara for now.

View original

Mark, I'm glad you brought this up. While Cloud Customer Connect is for customers and partners, they recognize that independent consultants have an important role to play, so requests from folks, like yourself, are reviewed and approved on an individual basis. And I vouched for you. :) However, since you're using a personal email domain (e.g. outlook, gmail, hotmail), it would be preferable to use an email with a company domain. The Cloud Customer Connect team would also need your company name. I would encourage you to reply to their email, even though it's after the August 22nd deadline, and provide this information, so your account is active and ready to use after the migration.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,
    Erica

Mohana Gopal said:

Hi Erica,

I already have Customer Connect account with my corporate email id which is same as OSvC community. So are you going to merge my two accounts into one?

Thanks,

Mohan

View original

Great question, Mohan. If you're using the same email address for your Oracle Service Cloud Community and Cloud Customer Connect, your accounts will be merged in this migration. And you'll get a nice reputation boost on Cloud Customer Connect! :)

Kyle said:

Hi Erica, is the new community platform something that integrates with Oracle Service Cloud, e.g. is it homegrown/native or is it based on a commercial product such as Hive Live?

View original

Great question, Kyle. Cloud Customer Connect is actually using the same platform as the current Oracle Service Cloud Community (fka HiveLive), so the integration options are the same as before. While there are some differences and customizations in the Cloud Customer Connect implementation, you’ll recognize many aspects of their online community experience.

Ashley Wilson said:

Not sure what to do there, but I'm there. I was expecting to be able to click on "Answers" / "Ideas" etc. at the bottom, but they seem to be just information cards... The site's accessibility seems to be quite low. I think the site is still undergoing development (even though there's no indication of this anywhere on the site), so I guess I'll wait.

Thanks for checking in, Ashley. The Oracle Service Cloud Community hasn't moved over yet, so there isn't a place for you to continue discussions yet. We will post another update with the actual cut-over date when the Oracle Service Cloud Discussion Forum and Idea Lab will be moved over and you can continue interacting and collaborating in Cloud Customer Connect.

Regarding the site experience, it will be different in the sense that Cloud Customer Connect is supporting many Oracle Cloud products, whereas this site is exclusively focused on Service Cloud. Also, the Cloud Customer Connect team is constantly working to improve the site, so you'll see iterative changes regularly rolled out to the site. There is also a forum board where you can post your questions and feedback about Cloud Customer Connect.

Hope that helps, and keep those questions coming!
    Erica, Oracle CX

Karuna Gudipati said:

Hi Erica - can you share more details on how you are migrating to new community self service from Hivelive, is it through automated scripts or manual ?

We are in the process of moving too, so any insight on this will be helpful.

View original

Hi Karuna,

Great question! Cloud Customer Connect is enabling a more unified community experience for Oracle Cloud customers, but it isn't actually using the Community Self-Service functionality within Oracle Service Cloud, so unfortunately, I can't speak to the specifics of migrating from the HiveLive to Community Self-Service functionality. Best of luck in your process of moving communities!

Best,

Erica, Oracle CX

Gireesh,

Thanks for reaching out.

Regarding your community profile and activity, it will be moved over to Cloud Customer Connect. However, if you don't respond to their email and let them know what your company login is, your account will be inactivated on Cloud Customer Connect. I would definitely encourage you to reply and let them know what customer or partner you work with, so they can update your Cloud Customer Connect account accordingly.

Your account on the OSVC Support site will remain 'as is' where you can access select Support KB Answers that are publicly available.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know either way.

Best,

Erica, Oracle CX

Chandini Davis said:

It’s sad that the forum will only be limited to Customers and partners. I was just discussing with a friend, who is between jobs, how they are taking this time to do every tutorial and really dig through the forum and fill their knowledge gaps. With the new changes they won’t have access or be able to contribute.

View original

Chandini, great to see your name pop up! smiley And thank you for the thoughtful feedback and encouraging your friend who is between jobs on different ways to stay connected to the industry and develop/maintain a valuable skill set!

I've been a long-time proponent of openness and transparency, so personally, this is a shift for me too, but many communities operate with stricter membership requirements, because it makes it more exclusive, vetted community. The good news is that forum and Idea Lab will still be publicly available, so your friend can search, read and learn to his or her heart's content! I would also encourage your friend to check out the recently launched Oracle LaunchPad, which is free, publicly available training program on Oracle Service Cloud (and other products).

Hope that helps!

Best,

Erica, Oracle CX

• eleep

Of course, apologies again for the delay, Mohana!

• eleep

Thanks for feedback here!

Great questions, Dev! Since we're generously migrating Community content and migrating members, you will keep the vast majority of your posts, comments, ratings, etc. and thereby, keep your reputation. There might be some impact to your rank if your contributions aren't archived, but it should be minimal given our migration parameters. Also, your rank won't be the same as here on the Oracle Service Cloud Community since Cloud Customer Connect does have a different reputation system, but your points will transfer and you'll get the new rank associated to your point level. So you won't go back to a rookie level!

The Oracle Service Cloud forum and Idea Lab on Cloud Customer Connect won't be behind a login, which means you will continue to be able to search this valuable "collected community brain" from Google. You will need a valid login to participate though, so if you received an email from Cloud Customer Connect, make sure to reply by August 22nd.

Let me know if you have other q's that we can address.

Best,

Erica

Mohana,

Thanks for your inquiry! We can certainly understand why you would want to take your hard-earned Community reputation with you  so we do have a process to help facilitate transferring your posts and comments to your new Community profile. I went ahead and submitted this request on your behalf. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
    Erica, Oracle

Jess Campbell said:

Thanks for the heads up Erica. Will we still be able to access and search support and community info from the same place? Also, if we are the party responsible for maintaining out company's support (and KB/community) contacts, does this have any affect on that process?

View original

Great questions, Jess.

Tech Support is exploring if / how they can keep the current support search experience where you can see related community content on the side rail of the support KB search results page. But since the community is moving to Cloud Customer Connect, the community search experience will be more comparable to the community search experience on Cloud Customer Connect.

This migration will not impact how you maintain your organization's support contacts.

Kati Middleton said:

just to be clear - just the Community and Idea portions of cx.rightnow.com are moving, not anything else?

View original

Kati, great question! The Discussion Forum, Analytics Cookbook and Idea Lab are the main parts moving to Cloud Customer Connect. We are still working through what will happen to this blog and the user groups.

Hope that helps! And stay tuned for more details as we work through some of these decisions.

Thanks,
    Erica

Zsolt,

Thanks so much for calling out and sharing what is exciting in the 18A release of Field Service with the broader community! I can totally relate to that being an awesome new addition and a powerful tool to have at your fingertips!

Best,
    Erica, Oracle

• eleep

Okay, thanks for letting me know where this left off and sharing with the community what you learned in the process, Carl! I'll let the community chime in if they're using 'reply between the lines.'

Best,