This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Topic

    David Ritchie
    CPM not updating PrimaryContact when testingAnswered
    Topic posted September 13, 2017 by David RitchieExplorer 
    31 Views, 2 Comments
    Title:
    CPM not updating PrimaryContact when testing
    Content:

    Hi,

    I thought this was going to be simple but I seem to be having problems updating an Incident in my CPM.  An incident comes into my CPM from our SMS provider and already has a contact assigned from the email address the SMS is posted to.  I then read the phone number and if it belongs to a contact in our database I assign the PrimaryContact to the returned contact.  I check the PrimaryContact LookupName before this and after saving and commiting and all appears to be well.  But when I look in the console at the incident I believe I have updated it doesn't have the update or any sign that it has been changed in the audit log.

    I have tried this through the testing interface of the CPM and by setting up a new Incident which triggers the appropriate rule but nothing.  Is there something I'm missing?

    I copied this straightforward code from the documentation (below) and I've put the snippet in I use.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Version:
    Customer Portal
    Code Block:

    Best Answer

    Narendra Muttineni

    Its Strange !! 

    DB will never commit if you perform testing in CPM on Update. If you deploy the code, definitely it will work.

    Thanks,

    Narendra

    Answer

     

    • Narendra Muttineni

      Its Strange !! 

      DB will never commit if you perform testing in CPM on Update. If you deploy the code, definitely it will work.

      Thanks,

      Narendra

    • David Ritchie

      Yes, user error in this case.  I have now successfully deployed and tested the code.  Thanks for getting back to me Narendra.

       

      Dave